Sunday, April 22, 2012

On the road to Southport

Last weekend I felt the urge to walk. And not just from my residence to the school. So I decided to take the train to a village called Ainsdale which is situated on the coast north of Liverpool and walk to Southport from there. I love going to the beach just to soak in the atmosphere and also to get away from the noisy city. It's amazing how close the beach is. It's just a short train journey away and you feel like you're miles away from Liverpool.

I didn't really know the route from Ainsdale to Southport so I just walked along the beach. It was low tide when I got there. Loads of sand and the sea was far away. It took me quite some time to get to Southport because I really had no idea in which direction I really had to head and I realized after some time that I was actually heading for the wrong city. Luckily I realized it early enough.  After all it was a really nice walk, windy, cold, yet sunny.

In Southport I met up with some friends to stroll through the city before heading back to Liverpool.
If you ever go to Liverpool you should definitely take the trip to the beach it's an amazing place.



No comments:

Post a Comment