Saturday, June 16, 2012

Goodbye Liverpool!

I am currently sitting in my living room trying to pass the time until I have to catch my coach to Manchester. Three months have gone by and they did it fast. I met people from all over the world, was able to get to know an amazing city and spend loads of time just soaking up the atmosphere. I've learnt a lot not only Scouse expressions like "I'm made up with that" which basically means "I'm so happy with that" but also about other cultures and about myself. I've enjoyed my time here a lot and it was certainly not the last time I've been to Liverpool. I've also realized how happy I can be to be able to go back to a country like Switzerland. I got to know a lot of Spanish people and many of them will stay in England because there's no hope and no opportunities in Spain.
I will miss all the buskers, the Scouse accent (even though it's often almost incomprehensible), the politeness combined with friendliness, the Mersey and loads more. So here are some pictures of my favourite things, but keep in mind it's definitely not a complete list and in no particular order.

View out of my window on Bold Street

Beach close to Birkdale

Cemetery of Liverpool Cathedral


The Three Graces

Albert Dock

Bombed Out Church

Leaf - best Cafe/Bar/Restaurant

Tyler Hilton and I on my last evening in Liverpool

I had so much fun working at the merch table and of course watching him play!
He's such a nice and seems to be really down-to-earth.
Thank you so much Tyler!

Mayara, thank you for everything!

“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another:
"What! You too? I thought I was the only one.”
C.S. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment