Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Talk, talk, talk

Today we went to our college for the first time to take part in the orientation event with the first year students. The man we had been in touch with before coming here offered to pick us up in the morning and drive us to the school. St. Angela's is about 6 kilometers out of town right on Lough Gill. The scenery is gorgeous out there and I am sure that I'll take lots of pictures while being here. 
What else? Well when we were driving out to St. Angela's we had been told that there are only four male students among 400 females. So when you walk around you feel like your at an all-girls boarding school. 
We were told that studying here is hard, and we were also told over and over again that we should talk to someone if we were having any problems. The campus is plastered with posters saying thinks like "Keep calm and please talk". I always thought that my school back in Switzerland is quite touchy feely but I guess I was wrong. In comparison we are as though as Bruce Willis in Die Hard. 
The time table for next week is packed. We'll see how we get on with it. And we already know that it's going to change every single week. But I got an Irish student card and a fake Irish security number now to log in to our email. 
So I'm gonna leave now to celebrate the fact that I passed my exams back in Switzerland. Yous have a great evening
View from our school

1 comment: