Monday, September 2, 2013

Welcome to Sligo

Yesterday I arrived in Sligo together with my fellow student Reini. After a two hour long flight from Zurich to Dublin we said our goodbyes to another fellow student and were heading to Sligo.
I had my first "panic-attack" when our bus didn't arrive and just disappeared from the board. However, the bus did come just a quarter hour later than planned. Thanks to not having slept that much the night before (which was totally worth it) I didn't see too much of the ride but the things I saw just got me excited.
We are staying right in the centre of Sligo, a city in the north-west of Ireland. We share the house with one other person at the moment with whom we officially share the kitchen and the living room. However, he doesn't cooks so we basically have the kitchen to ourselves. And thanks to Reini I have the en-suite room. Everything went really smoothly so it shouldn't have surprised me when we got an email from our college up here telling us that school doesn't start until September 9th even though we had been told we'd start on Monday September 2nd. Oh well, we spent the day walking around town and we did some grocery shopping.
Tomorrow we will go to our new college for the first time and we'll probably spend the afternoon on the beach.
Our home for the next couple of months

1 comment:

  1. jetz weissi wohär ich Sligo kenn - do bini jo mol dure gfahre und ha am lough gill parke's castle bsuecht und picknickt ;)

    vil spass in irland, gniesses!

    ReplyDelete